Monday, June 30, 2008

fishing fun

History-
I did some fishing when I was a kid. I remember my Grandpa teaching me how to bait a hook and gut a fish. I mostly enjoyed just sitting out on the lake reading, and eating the fish everyone else caught.

Matt became an avid fisherman in middle school and his love for fishing has only grown since those adolescent days.We went fishing once on a date last year and didn't catch anything. But this year is going to be different!



So far we have fished Maple Lake in Payson canyon, Silver Lake in American Fork canyon, and since we live 2 minutes from the marina, we have started fishing in Utah Lake. (That will be a whole different post!)!




We didn't have much luck at Maple Lake (although the people right next to us sure did...) but at Silver Lake we ended up with 1 beautiful, really big trout that I caught, a medium sized trout I caught and a fish that Matt found flopping near the shore. :)





Matt may not have been the best fisherman that day (I was!) But he definitely was the best chef! Baked trout for dinner.....what could be better?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jonesy said...

Nice work Camille! I love Matt's face in the last pic :)

Leanne said...

Pizza. That would be better than fish...for me!!! haha love the pics!

.. said...

Holy cow Matt! I didnt know you had a blog...and i cant even remember how i found it! I think i was looking up old classmates from american fork...haha Hope everything is going well..

Steph Jensen

http://kellyandsteph.blogspot.com

Kate V said...

Holy cow, Camille! You are SO cute prego! You and Matt will have to stop by sometime if you are ever in Provo! I'm still voting that we go on a double date sometime too!