Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the return of the pregnant bagpiper

Last Saturday I marched with my pipe band in the Eagle Mountain parade. (depending on the heat of the summer and the health of the baby this might have been the first and last parade for me this summer)
Matt took this great shot. I love it! Just a bit of a pregnant belly poking out :)

This weekend is the Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point. There is a concert and fireworks Friday night, then all day Saturday there are dance competitions, vendors, athletic competiions, clans, and of course bagpipe competions. Add some delicious haggis and it makes for a great day!

The band competions will begin on Saturday after the opening massed band ceremony which is at noon I believe. My band will be competing after 1:30 sometime. (We won't know the exact time until that day)
After my several year Sabbatical from piping I am excited to be playing and competing again.

Tickets for Friday night are $7 for adults. Saturday=$10 or I think you can buy both days for $16.

If any of you are looking for a great time come check it out :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy-I sure wish I lived closer. There's nothing like listening to those bagpipes to bring back some memories of torture! Unless you're playing a song I like :)

Leanne said...

Thinking about that orange soda glucose drink makes me cringe...

I did a parade when I was prego with Patrick and I almost passed out...needless to say, didn't do another one!