Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What happened!?

I am sitting in my little Mini Cooper in the Smith's parking lot in American Fork. I have been here for about an hour because I am scared to go to Camille's baby shower...or our baby shower. Really, I'm not quite sure whose shower it is, because I think the baby is as much mine as hers. Isn't it? I guess I can allow for our daughter to be more Camille's than mine for these 9 months because our daughter will be more mine for the rest of her life! He he.

Waiting, alone in my tiny car, for my pregnant Camille is quite the opportunity to think about my odd new world. It's so strange where life has brought be in one year. Camille and I have known each other for 372 days. In that time we dated, skipped the engagement and got married, decided to have a baby quickly, bought a house in UT county, and here I sit in my car because I prefer to pick Camille up at the shower if that means I get to see her 20 minutes sooner. All I can say is, "What happened!?" Some how Camille makes me feel so comfortable with all of these changes. She has calmed my wild nerves and taught me to commit to something, someone, unconditionally. I couldn't be happier. No matter what happens, I have love to look forward to. I need nothing else. I have learned to love.

So why wouldn't I decide to write in our blog to pass the time? I don't really want to talk about politics, or religion, or social inconsistencies and hypocrisies...I just want to talk about Camille. And I already tried calling my mom but she didn't answer. I'm left with just our blog. I'm just sorry that none of you that read this get to spend as much time with my wife as I do. I am willing to share though...on weekdays...from about 9 to 5.

Feel free to comment on how wonderful Camille is. She deserves to hear it from everyone.

It's 8:10...the shower ends at 8:30...I think it's safe now.

11 comments:

Jonesy said...

That was so beautiful to read. Wow Camille, you've have got yourself someone very special. I would have to agree the amazmingness that is Camille. I so just sad to know I missed out on my opportunity to spend some time with her at the babyshower :( I unfortuantly had to work. Camille is a very selfless, thoughtful, always giving, kind person. All words seem so trite to describe her... I will always consider her a very dear friend. I wish you both much more happiness!

Unknown said...

I sure wish I was able to spend more time with your wife too! It's been too many years. On my anniversary, I don't even think about my husband or how long I've been married. All I can remember is how that day was the last time I saw crazy Camille.

Natalie said...

It is a little odd to think that I used to babysit Camille and now she is married and going to be a mother, but I could see it happening all along. Camille is amazing. She is sweet, caring, genuine, loving, and humble. She definitely makes this world better. I just feel bad that it has been such a long time since I saw her last. That's the hard part with living so far away from great people.

Jeff Hein said...

I wish we could have gone to the baby shower. I just couldn't see taking 3 kids to a shower, one of whom is cutting a tooth and as cranky as can be! I hope it went well and you got lots of good stuff. We are all so excited for you both. We can't wait to have a cousin close by too. See you soon. Love ya, Jenn

Leanne said...

I have known Camille for 23 years and she has always remained at the top of my "best friend" list, even if I was not on hers. I just love her, and always have, always will. She's part of my family and I'm so lucky to have grown up with her!

P.S. I'm SO EXCITED for you guys!!!

Ruth Emmett said...

hi camille it's Ruth! It's been forever huh, I came across your blog and I have to say that is the cutest thing your husband love you a lot:) you deserve it! and CONGRATS on the baby as well, when are you due??

Dale said...

Oh, Matt. After looking so hard for what seemed like forever trying to find your idea of the perfect girl and wishing you would realize there is no "perfect" girl, I guess I was wrong. :) It makes me so happy to know you are so happy and so much in love. And I love Camille for making you so happy. Can't wait for your visit. I love you both! Love, Mom

family said...

Matt, that was so sweet and I can see why you would write it too. Camille, I've only known you for a little while, but from what I do see, you are just as amazing as Matt says you are and I consider myself so lucky to be your sister. Thank you for being so wonderful to my amazing brother. You both deserve each other. You are both so amazing! I love you two soooo much!!!!!!

gk risser said...

Amen, Brother.

Jeff Hein said...

Any women that loves you is an amazing women in my book. I mean we love you but we have to. We're blood.
:)

LOVE
Jeff

f.u.n.! genealogy said...

I have loved every minute that I have spent with Camille. She came to our family through Kacey and our family has been blessed by knowing her ever since.
Mike and I are so excited for the both of you and know you'll both be amazing parents!